Steamed Swiss Chard with Onions, Ginger and Garlic
Prep time 15 minutes
Cooking time 20 – 25 minutes
2 bunches of Swiss Chard (green, red or rainbow)
1 medium onion sliced thin
2 tablespoons of chopped garlic
1 ½ tablespoon of chopped ginger
¼ cup of vegetable or chicken stock
¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- Cut chard greens and immerse in cold water to remove any sandy particles, fish out and place in a colander, allow to drain
- In a pot large enough to hold the greens, pour the stock and bring up to a simmer, add the onion, ginger and garlic
- Set the flame to the lowest setting possible and cover, check after 7 minutes and stir to make sure that onion, ginger and garlic mix is soft and translucent.
- If not give it another 4 minutes or until onion mix is soft.
- Add the greens, cover and cook for 5 minutes, then stir and cook for another 5 min.
- Season with sea salt